Warhammer 40k RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beast and the Burden

2 posters

Go down

The Beast and the Burden Empty The Beast and the Burden

Post by Brass Doge Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:52 pm

The Beast and the Burden Chaplain_Xavier_2

It is with the most utmost regret that I am required to deliver this report to Watch Station Erioch...

At approximately 21:35, an attack was made upon planet designation Feud: 415, more commonly known to the Imperium as Nocturne, homeworld of the Salamanders chapter.On the planets surface, nestled within Nocturnes vast mountain ranges sits the Honor Vaults, where the fallen hero are remembered in the hallowed halls. Often, the warriors weapon or helmet is displayed beneath the statue as a physical link for those wishing to pay respect to their noble sacrifice. It was within this hallowed expanse that the enemy struck. Emerging from warp-powered portals on numerous levels, chaos forces ransacked and disgraced a large portion of the remembrance rooms. Curiously enough, one of these rooms was the site of an ancient Salamander named PyWright Sher'kan. What brought more attention to this room than its counterparts was the recount of a great battle that took place 9,869 years ago.

Written in the blood of the halls defenders, it detailed how severely the Salamander decimated their foe upon the fields of war, leaving only a shell of their adversary. When the enemy was nearly vanquished, the remaining forces escaped through portals ripped open in time and space, spiriting them towards their destination and out of the talons of the Salamanders. This enemy was recognized as the Night Lords, the same traitors that ravaged the monuments of the Vaults. The raids leader, calling himself Lord Anubis, signed a Pact of Vindictus against the ancient hero PyWright and all those bearing his chosen name.

Normally this form of news would circulate to us either through extended vox or by way of astrotelepathy. It was delivered to us in the form of a mission because it affects Marcus PyWright on a scale very few brothers can understand. How he personally discovered who you are has eluded us, as well as how he knew of you family residing in Ignea. Your son, nearly of age to begin vying for the attention of the chapter, was abducted in a deliberate strike on the region. It is a means to draw you out to face him through terror tactics, so the Inquisition decided that you would appreciate the chance to remove this blight, personally.

The destination was scrawled on the walls, describing a planet of ash and fire, darkness and evil. Nestled on the outskirts of the Jericho Reach we found his chosen planet, previously unregistered to the Imperium. Given its volcanic activity and uninhabitable nature, we have unofficially named it Crematoria. Here he has called to you through the darkness of space to face him in a glorious, personal war. Whether you return with his helmet or wrapped in your mantle, you have earned the right to protect your family as the father you are.Taken with him to this planet was also another incentive: Vulcan's Sigil. No doubt a bell ringer from your past, PyWright. He keeps in chains not only your family, but the holy weapon of your mentor, Xavier.

We know not what you may face once landed upon this damned world. Warp interference has prevented any type of reconnaissance. The trials you will face could easily overcome you as you could possibly be torn between your oaths and your loved ones. All of us will speak prayers to the Emperor for your success and for the safety of his hostages. Go now, and recover your blood line.

Mission Parameters

Primary Objective- Rescue the lineage of Marcus PyWright
Primary Objective- Recover Vulcan's Sigil
Primary Objective- Slay Lord Anubis and return with his helmet

Last edited by Brass Doge on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Brass Doge
Brass Doge
Authorized: Ordo Xenos
Authorized: Ordo Xenos

Character sheet
Renown: Respected
Characteristics:
CharacteristicsWSWSBSBSSSTTAGAGINTINTPERPERWPWPFELFEL
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

The Beast and the Burden Empty Re: The Beast and the Burden

Post by PyWright Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 pm

What is the meaning of this?! I demand to know why my mentor Chaplain Xavier is in this mission log! I WILL receive my answer!
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
ValueValue504250505251455152

http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 am

This is...madness. I know not of this Night Lord who has wronged me, but he will pay for his transgressions against my home and myself. I will bury him, using the rage and power of Mount Deathfire as the spade of the undertaker. He knows not with who he is dealing, but he will soon never be able to forget my face. I must contact my brother, Da'Kir. He must know of this invasion.
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
ValueValue504250505251455152

http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down