Warhammer 40k RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Going Back?!

5 posters

Go down

We're Going Back?! Empty We're Going Back?!

Post by PyWright Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Battle Brothers,

While your most recent mission to Trioturn was a success, it was not flawless. From what I can gather, it would seem that Sar Temujin, our newly appointed Champion, sacrificed his life to ensure the completion of the mission. Two loyal Apothecaries stuck by his side until the end, doing their best to prolong the inevitable.

I shouldn't have to tell you that falling on the battlefield, during a Tyranid invasion means certain death for any being. However, our scans are picking up two life signatures matching space marines still emanating from the planet. Further research has the signatures pegged to Temujins last known location.  Governor Crow believes it to be the work of his latest batch of enamel that he sprayed upon the kill team. While most enamel lasts only hours, it would appear that Temujin and one of the Apothecaries, either Cotal or Gaidin, we are not sure, are still masked by spray. For how much longer, we do not know.

Brother Epistolary Vulgate has stepped forward as the first volunteer to attempt a rescue. Brother Chaplain PyWright as well as Forge Master Omicron Galmech have risen to the call to arms. The are looking for further assistance before departing for Trioturn. To those of you debating whether or not to answer their call, know this: This mission will be attacking a Tyranid infested planet nearing the end of its invasion. There will most likely be more forces on this planet than any of you have ever seen while a member of the Deathwatch. The recent destruction of a central Capillary tower will most likely cause the Tyranid to adapt there forces and strengthen defenses in the event of an attack. Know in your hearts that by accepting the mission, you may be giving up your life for a chance to save others. If you see this mission as suicide, do not offer your help, for you will surely die. Only those with the faith and willpower to see the mission through to the end will be granted admission.

The Inquisition will do their part to attempt to rescue one of their champions. As we speak, a fleet of guardsmen are descending upon the planet, in an attempt to break through the hive fleet blockade and allow you to pass through. They will be setting up a defensive perimeter on the planet to draw as much attention as possible to give the Deathwatch the best chances to get behind their lines. Forge Master Galmech is currently working to get us additional support from other factions.

Your mission objective is as follows:

Find and Retrieve Sar Temujin, as well as the other Space Marine and return them to Watch Station Erioch.

Each of you will be granted 50 requisition for this mission. Any who wish to requisition a suit of Terminator Power Armor needs to speak to either myself or Galmech.

I wish you Emporer-speed and the best of luck brothers.

-Watch Captain Ursa Titarus

Last edited by PyWright on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
CharacteristicsWSWSBSBSSSTTAGAGINTINTPERPERWPWPFELFEL
ValueValue504250505251455152

http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

We're Going Back?! Empty Re: We're Going Back?!

Post by Vulgate Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 pm

You shall not be joining us, Brother Titarus?
I have counted on you in the past to pull my corpse from the gaping maw of Dagon.
Regardless, I shall take point on this mission and coordinate the attack pattern of our force.
Brother Chaplain, if you would lead our brothers instead I shall defer to your leadership; I would also suggest leading those in attendance through several battle-prayers and perhaps in commencement of their chapters death rituals.
I have instructed the Librarius to convene for my replacement, and instruction of their duties, should I not return.
As for my brothers of kill-team Alpha, I look forward to taking the field by your sides once more.

Last edited by Vulgate on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Vulgate
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
ValueValue405540504055406337

Back to top Go down

Post by StosifJalin Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:23 am

I volunteer for this mission. I shall lay down my life to see our brothers saved, and for the chance to once again meet my old foe on the battlefield.
It will truly be an honor to fight alongside such legends in the name of the Emperor. My affinity for the destruction of the swarm only grows by the day. I shall not waste a single bolt, for all shall find their marks in the carapace of a Tyranid. I shall find glorious victory or an honorable death on that decimated surface. No other option shall suffice.
StosifJalin
StosifJalin
Authorized: Ordo Xenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Auchindoun Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:55 am

I will join you on this day brothers. We can outfight these Tyranids forces. Although I have just recently joined the Deathwatch, Temujin has long since been my brother in battle, and our apothecaries are vital to our success in future missions. Let have the emperor guide us on this glorious day!
Auchindoun
Auchindoun

Character sheet
Renown: Initiate
Characteristics:
ValueValue444245414940405943

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzeenntch Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:02 am

I thank you for the rescue my brothers! I shall mourn the loss of the sacrifice of those who have fallen in the past few days. I shall carry Coatl's dagger has a symbol of his sacrifice for the rest of my days with the Deathwatch (unless it was eaten, but i thought i'd be sweet)
Tzeenntch
Tzeenntch

Back to top Go down

Post by StosifJalin Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:05 am

Our champion has returned! Pray tell me of your adventures om the infested planet. What befell our brothers on their mission?
StosifJalin
StosifJalin

Back to top Go down

Post by Auchindoun Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:22 am

Captain! On this day we have looked the tyranid dead in the eye and have slain every single one before us. We found Gaidin and Temujin in a cave at the peak of a mountain, hardly still intact. We fought the tyranid off and brought them safely back home.
Auchindoun
Auchindoun

Character sheet
Renown: Initiate
Characteristics:
ValueValue444245414940405943

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum