Warhammer 40k RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus"

+3
StosifJalin
Scondoro
Brass Doge
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus" Empty The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus"

Post by Brass Doge Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:18 pm

The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus" Ship1copy

The Maeri Agamus. A ship for the damned. Dedicated to the collection of unsanctioned psykers that feed the God Emperors ever voracious mind. At the time of lost contact, the Maeri Agamus was at nearly at full capacity of those chosen to be sacrificed to the Golden Throne. 46,000 souls. 46,000 untrained and unchained warp bending minds. And then the Maeri Agamus was as quiet as the grave.

The black ship was in transit back to Holy Terra after making its collection rounds in the ripe new area of the Jericho Reach. The vessel was making good time, nearly finished with its crusade. It was on a heading back towards the Reach's warp gate, making one final at Planet Designation: G-8572 (locally called Khazant). A week after departing from orbit the astropathic signal the black ship was emitting quieted, slowly at first, then at an ever increasing rate until it was completely silent. We have already estimated, given that the Maeri Agamus did not deviate in trajectory or speed, where their current location would be in real space.

The unknown nature of the cause of such a predicament has piqued the Inquisition's keen eye, and have asked that members from all branches of the Inquisition (Ordo Xeno's, Ordo Hereticus, and Ordo Malleus) convene at Watch Station Arioch to develop a plan to investigate the Plight of the Maeri Agamus. Given the wide variety of combat experience, the representatives have (reluctantly) agreed that the Ordo Xeno's field the combat team to enact the plans devised.

But there is a conflict. What the three orders want conflict with each other. The representative of the Ordo Hereticus insists that once the black ship has been made safe, the inhabitants been spaced to the void per the holy decree that the tainted minds are unfit for sacrifice, having been corrupt with chaos whispers. The representative of the Ordo Malleus demands that they oversee the entire operation, stating that the matter falls under their jurisdiction with "the obvious meedling of Daemons". As for the Ordo Xeno's, we believe that xenos witches may be involved, possibly for the souls trapped on board. If, say the Eldar or Tyranid were able to gain control of the black ship, they would have access to tens of thousands of warp twisted minds with which to hone to their own twisted desires. We cannot allow them this victory. While the Ordo Xeno's wishes you either secure the vessel or purge it, there is another task we ask of you. The Maeri Agamus houses within its astropathic center a xenotech device that the navigators used to make more precise and correct warp jumps. For the future success of actions the Ordo Xeno's requires this device.

The representatives will arrive soon to discuss and devise with your team. Do not keep them waiting.

Primary Objective: Make safe/purge the Maeri Agamus
**CLASSIFIED**Secondary Objective: secure the astropathic xenotech for the Ordo Xeno's

Allotted Acquisition: 31

Last edited by Brass Doge on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:21 am; edited 8 times in total
Brass Doge
Brass Doge
Authorized: Ordo Xenos

Character sheet
Renown: Respected
Characteristics:
CharacteristicsWSWSBSBSSSTTAGAGINTINTPERPERWPWPFELFEL
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus" Empty Re: The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus"

Post by Scondoro Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:55 am

OOooooo
'A'zh a bi' boa'. Oou row wha' rhey zhay abou' bi' boa'zh?
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Famed
Characteristics:
ValueValue404485633763374237

https://deathwatch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus" Empty Re: The Plight of Black Ship "Maeri Agamus"

Post by Scondoro Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:17 am

Step aside, Brother Ghost.
Should there be any need to interact directly with the blackship and its innumerable machine spirits housed within, my specialty can see to the success of this mission. I can also guarantee the successful extraction and maintained confidentiality of the required xenos tech.
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by StosifJalin Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:02 pm

My sword will never be sharper, and my Bolts shall never fly more true. We should pursuit this derelict vessel at once! I believe the proper tactics and precautions should be taken before departure, however. What else can we learn about the nature of this ship? What of its crew and quarters? Its armaments?

I agree with brother Galmech; His skills will be of paramount importance in this endeavor. However, we cannot ignore the probability of corruption from the warp afflicting us while on board. I would advice caution when interfacing directly with the ship, brother. Even machine spirits are not immune to the warp's foul affliction, and I fear for your safety. I claim that the glory of the first kill shall be mine, but I would not want the first blood of the mission to be yours that must be spilled.  

EDIT:  lol! lol! lol! lol! flower cherry cherry cherry cherry bounce cheers I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you lol! 
StosifJalin
StosifJalin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm

--Storm bolter: 20 req
----Shoulder-mounting: 10 req

30 total, ready to roll.

Last edited by Scondoro on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Given the circumstances that we're dealing with 46,000 individuals, all with latent psychic potential, as well as any lingering enemies that may be on board; and that it may be necessary for us to kill each and every last one of them, or save as many as we possibly can, I do feel as though 31 requisition may be light for the scale for our task. As Forge Master, is there means by which I can increase our team's requisition?
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Perform a charm you devilish speaker.
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Oh dear... any modifiers for because the Forge Master and yes?
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:18 pm

+7 because he hopes you know what you're talking about.
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:21 pm

On a 44

Edit: Actually on a 26. Lol.

Last edited by Scondoro on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsed my numbers)
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by THE OMEGA VAULT Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:21 pm

The member 'Scondoro' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'd100' : 54
THE OMEGA VAULT
THE OMEGA VAULT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm afraid the resources of the station are already stretched thin as it is. Unless I can be given a more solid explanation for a specific item, I'm afraid I can's support the use of any more equipment.

-Watch Captain Markus 

Last edited by Brass Doge on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm

I particularly would like to requisition a Dataslate for an additional 4 req, for the recording of vital mission information.
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Perform a Logic test (no additional modifiers, flat intelligence).
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by StosifJalin Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Requisition:

Metal Storm Rounds 15
Astarte's Stun Grenade 10
Dipole MagLock (Mounted on Chain Sword) 5

As a Tactical Marine, my given clip of extra ammunition shall be Witch Bolts, along with my free Hellfire Rounds. My TAC Marine Auto-loader shall be loaded with basic bolts, Metal Storm, and Witch Bolts, leaving my Hellfire rounds as a spare magazine.

Remaining Requisition: 1
StosifJalin
StosifJalin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 am

Here's your logic test, on a 63
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by THE OMEGA VAULT Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 am

The member 'Scondoro' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'd100' : 44
THE OMEGA VAULT
THE OMEGA VAULT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 am

I see the importance of recording the events that will undoubtedly transpire on your recovery mission. While there are not any that have not already been set aside, I will allow you to use my own data slate. Bring it back, its my favorite.

-Watch Captain Markus
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:52 am

Watch Captain Markus,
Slaying the foul creatures upon this ship would truly be an honor. The sheer number of our enemy is an affront to the Emperor. To further help me and my kill team, I would like to either request an additional 19 requisition or the authority for the use of one Atomizer Cannon. Surely a weapon of this fearsome strength would be a worthy one for the decimation of our foe.
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
ValueValue504250505251455152

http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 am

Roll a Tactics test (intelligence) to represent your knowledge of requiring additional requisition or an Atomizer Cannon.
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 am

On a 51
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by THE OMEGA VAULT Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 am

The member 'PyWright' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'd100' : 11
THE OMEGA VAULT
THE OMEGA VAULT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 am

An Atomizer Cannon? We do not currently have one in our armories. Records show it was requisitioned by Brother Kren of the Dragoon Heralds. In its stead I can allow you either the 19 requisition you desire or a Quad-Tesla Caster.

Quad-Tesla Caster Stats

Class: Heavy
Range: 50m
RoF: S/-/-
Dmg: 4d10+5E
Pen: 5
Clip: 5
Rld: 4 Full
Special: Blast(3), Haywire(3), Shocking,
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 am

I understand. I graciously accept this mighty weapon. As such, I shall be leaving my Thunder Hammer at home for this mission. My Crozius shall be worn on my hip as always in the event of melee combat. I only hope that Brother Kren puts the Atomizer Cannon to great use wherever he may be. Emperor knows we could use its might on the Black Ship. I thank you Captain Markus.
PyWright
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Auchindoun Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

StosifJalin wrote:As a Tactical Marine, my given clip of extra ammunition shall be Witch Bolts, along with my free Hellfire Rounds. My TAC Marine Auto-loader shall be loaded with basic bolts, Metal Storm, and Witch Bolts, leaving my Hellfire rounds as a spare magazine.

If I'm not mistaken, don't you have to be distinguished to obtain Witch Bolts?
Auchindoun
Auchindoun

Character sheet
Renown: Initiate
Characteristics:
ValueValue444245414940405943

Back to top Go down

Post by StosifJalin Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

You must be distinguished to requisition witch bolts. As I am spending no requisition, and simply using a trait of my class (specializing in versitility) I see no error in claiming a magazine of witch bolts.
StosifJalin
StosifJalin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

There's a particular clause that specifically says you still need to meet the renown requirement for your complimentary Tac ammunition.
Scondoro
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 am

Well kill team, I could say that mission could have gone a bit smoother. Yet because there are no accounts other than your own as to you actions on board the black ship, I shall congratulate you on completing the Ordo Xeno's Objective. It is unfortunate that we lost a battle brother today, but his sacrifice was ultimately not in vain. With the retrieval of his gene seed, and that of the Black Templars and the chaos riddled counterparts, we we able to cut our looses immensely. On a side note, the collection of artifacts on board theship of Magos Imferas will prove to be fascinating challenges for those that study them in their attempt to understand their origin and nature. As a representative of the Ordo Xeno's and your watch captain, I applaud your completion of our personal objective. While the thousands of warped minds will undoubtedly strengthen the Tyranid presence in the Reach, I hope it is with the future efforts of valiant space marines such as yourselves that we shall burn them from our sights.

-Watch Captain Markus

General Experience
-Make safe/purge the Maeri Agamus---FAILED
-retrieve the astropathic xenotech for the Ordo Xeno's---400
-slay Magos Imfermas---300
-Retrieve the stolen gene seed---200
-Safe return of Inquisition companions---FAILED
Unravel the mystery of the Maeri Agamus---200

TOTAL: 1100xp

General Renown
Collecting the astropathic xenotech: 2 Renown
Collecting the stolen gene seed: 1 Renown
Assist the Imperium in the prevention of gene seed misuse: 1 Renown
Failed to protect the cargo or prevents its capture by the enemy: -1 Renown

TOTAL: 3 Renown
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by Auchindoun Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Can Isaak roll for the extra experience with his Pict-Recorder?
Auchindoun
Auchindoun

Character sheet
Renown: Initiate
Characteristics:
ValueValue444245414940405943

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 am

Yes, he can.
Brass Doge
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Characteristics:
ValueValue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next